Connecting dots between science and policy
This introductory course on “science advice” is a professional training course on assessing science, understanding policymaking processes and gaining insight into the interaction between the different paradigms in which scientists, policymakers and politicians operate.This course will take into account one part of theory and other of rol-playing exercises.
During this course the participants will learn how to be:
- More effective & persuasive in informing policymakers with scientific an technical evidence,
- More capable to use the proper language to communicate with your audience (policymakers)
- More reflexive on the effectiveness of the scientific knowledge in achieving an impact on policy making (reorganise your process of thinking and gaining empathy with the mental process of the policymaker).
*Discovery Learning Disclaimer: Some of the material used in the course was created by the Joint Research Council and released under a Creative Commons licence.
You will learn though...
- Worked-based learning
- Connection with practitioners'
Time & Date
March 28th, 2022
10:00 A.M – 1:00 PM CET
You will be trained in the following transferable skills…
- Understanding possible impact of research
- Complex problem solving
- Data-driven decision making
- Working across boundaries
- Communicating results of research
- Communicating ideas to different audiences
- Engaging stakeholders
Suitable career paths
- Member of a permanent scientific committee
- Consulting for policymakers-consultant enterprises
*If you have any question or doubt about this webinar, please contact us.